Intermediate syntactic meaning

Andreas Nolda andreas.nolda at CMS.HU-BERLIN.DE
Thu Jan 13 11:12:42 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 16:35, Hans-Heinrich Lieb wrote:

> I do not understand Nolda's .arrive'. in (7') but this is
> inessential.

The third place of the 'extensional' .arrive. applies to *sets* of
spaces, while the third place of its 'intensional' variant .arrive'.
applies to *properties* of spaces.

In (7), .arrive. is related to triples of the form <x, x1, M>, with M
being a set. In (7'), however, the triple <x, x1, d1(-, V, V1)> is
substituted for the <x, x1, M>'s. As d1(-, V, V1) is a property, we
now must relate .arrive'. to this triple.

Andreas Nolda
--
Andreas Nolda      http://www2.hu-berlin.de/linguistik/institut/nolda/

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Philosophische Fakultät II
Institut für deutsche Sprache und Linguistik