'Our mother language right exists on paper' (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri Feb 24 20:05:48 UTC 2012

'Our mother language right exists on paper'

Wed, Feb 22nd, 2012 1:17 am BdST
India

Dhaka, Feb 21 (bdnews24.com) – Students from small ethnic groups, inspired
by those who sacrificed their lives for their mother tongue, Bengali,
joined the people paying respect to the language martyrs and demanded
education in their own mother languages.

Parbatya Chattagram Pahari Chhatra Parishad (PCP) brought a banner which
did pay respect to the martyrs but also asked: "Whether 'Adibasi'
(indigenous people, the word they like to be recognised as) have the right
to mother languages?"

Access full article below:
http://bdnews24.com/details.php?id=218743&cid=2