PIE vs. Proto-World (Proto-Language)

Thu Aug 19 17:09:44 UTC 1999

	I seem to remember seeing the date of 60,000 BP. Regarding a
dispersal date, I think the best way to look at it is as "a fixed
percentage of Eve's date". So if "Eve" is set at 150KBP and dipersal at
80KBP, the fraction is roughly half. An adjustment of "Eve's" date to
200KBP suggests a dispersal shortly before 100KBP, and so on.

[snip]

>Incidentally, where do Australian Aborigines fit into this?  Wasn't there
>some evidence (or suggestion) in the news about 18 months ago, that the
>Aborigines were very much older than had been previously thought?   How do
>the time scales fit together?

>Pete

Rick Mc Callister
W-1634