Greek question

Peter &/or Graham petegray at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 4 20:43:12 UTC 1999

Alexis said:
>Part of the answer must surely be that we cannot
>start with an unanalyzed stem nykt-.  Rather
>we must start with nyk-t-, next to which there
>can be a nyk-H- perhaps.

Clearly;  and both the -t and -H extensions are well known.   What is less
well known (at least to me) is the phenomenon of voiceless aspirates in
Greek arising from voiceless stop +laryngeal.   The only other case I can
think of is in the verbal system, the -sthe ending, which is in any case
disputed.   Are there other clear examples?

Peter