IE to ProtoSteppe

JoatSimeon at aol.com JoatSimeon at aol.com
Sat Feb 27 19:38:24 UTC 1999

In a message dated 2/26/99 5:30:34 PM Mountain Standard Time,
glengordon01 at hotmail.com writes:

>If we accept (as we should) that IE is genetically tied to languages
>like Uralic and Altaic >>

-- frankly, I think relationships at that time-depth are unrecoverable with
any degree of confidence.

[ Moderator's note:
  I am posting this message as a reminder to those who accept some version of
  Nostratic that this *is* the Indo-European list, and not everyone is sanguine
  about the demonstrability of external relationships to PIE.  Since the debate
  regarding methodology continues on the Historical Linguistics mailing list, I
  will not entertain further posts on this topic here.

  Those who are interested can subscribe to HISTLING by sending a message to
  LISTSERV at VM.SC.EDU .
  --rma ]