Nors Josephson's Theory about a linguistic and culturalinfluence of Ancient Greek on East-Polynesia

Ross Clark DRC at stargate1.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Oct 19 06:42:12 UTC 1999

[ moderator re-formatted ]

Another tiresome piece of mock-linguistics (retailed by Charles Berlitz,
wouldn't ya know?). I think this came up a year or so ago, but perhaps
not on this list. The only really amusing part is that some of the
Hawaiian words (such as those for "bread" and "plough") are actually
from Greek -- 19th century loanwords introduced by educated
missionaries.

Is this the same Nors Josephson who has a day job as a musicologist?

Ross Clark