The UPenn IE Tree (the stem)

X99Lynx at aol.com X99Lynx at aol.com
Wed Sep 15 06:03:57 UTC 1999

In a message dated 9/14/1999 3:35:38 PM, mclasutt at brigham.net writes:

<<Actually, you're still clouding the issue of "innovating" versus
"non-innovating" in order, it seems, to label nodes.>>

No I'm not clouding anything.  That IS how the nodes are labeled in this
tree, at least according to the way its been described.

<<Assume a family tree as follows with lots of nodes and intermediate points
clearly labelled.  This should look quite similar to the UPenn IE tree.>>

It would be far less clouding to just use the UPenn tree.  You are causing
the confusion by finding some need to "assume" some other tree than the case
in point.  Specifically you are assuming things that are not in the
description weve been given.  Start with this: