GREEK PREHISTORY AND IE (EVIDENCE?)

X99Lynx at aol.com X99Lynx at aol.com
Sat Feb 5 04:09:16 UTC 2000

In a message dated 2/4/00 12:17:35 PM, JoatSimeon at aol.com wrote:

<<Farming had spread to the whole of the Balkans by 7000 BCE >>

It seems the only way to do this is one "factoid" at a time.

I have a book here Harper-Collins Atlas of Archaeology (rev 1999) (with
foreward by Colin Renfrew) that states that 'Agriculture reached the Balkans
in the 7th millenium BC.'  And I have here from A Whittle Neolithic Europe: A
Survey a date for Kremikovci in Bulgaria - a mesolithic settlement in the
Balkans acquiring agriculture about 5800BC.

Now both of these clearly contradict your statement that 'farming had spread
to the whole of the Balkans by 7000 BCE'.

Might this apparent conflict with your information suggest that you might
want to get more familiar with the subject matter?

To paraphrase your own statements, what that statement may be is 'historical
nonsense."

Regards,
Steve Long