Frisian

Max Dashu maxdashu at LanMinds.Com
Sat Feb 12 04:39:03 UTC 2000

>surely Frisian (the language) _does_ extend into modern
>Germany - it lies mostly along the region from Denmark - Germany -
>Netherlands.  Specifically, on the mainland East Frisian is found in
>Oldenburg (east of Kiel)

You mean still today it is spoken there? Just to be sure. This touches
directly on my original reason for inquiring about how far Frisian extended
in medieval times. I'm interested in the Stedinger rebels of the Oldenburg
region, which seem to have been Frisian speakers according to my best
information.

Max Dashu    Suppressed Histories Archives
30 Years of International Women's Studies 1970-2000
 <maxdashu at lanminds.com>