Ockham's Razor

JoatSimeon at aol.com JoatSimeon at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 18:57:59 UTC 2001

In a message dated 6/14/01 9:51:36 AM Mountain Daylight Time, X99Lynx at aol.com
writes:

> And it's not a matter of what I want to believe.  It's where the facts
> lead me.

-- so far, you have not presented any facts supporting the hypothesis that
the word for "red deer" somehow meant "fallow deer" or "deer in general" in
remote antiquity.

> I also know of no sure differentiation made in Greek (in Ionia or
> otherwise)

-- "Elaphos", red deer, specifically; "ellos" and "enelos", young of the red
deer, fawn.

> Distinguishing between fallow and red deer is definitely multiplying entities
> not only beyond the necessity, but clearly beyond the evidence.

-- this is simply a false-to-fact statement.