Red Deer in Anatolia

X99Lynx at aol.com X99Lynx at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 17:16:49 UTC 2001

In a message dated 6/4/2001 10:08:22 PM, alderson+mail at panix.com writes:
<< the word which means "red deer" in all daughter languages,...>>

I suspect there is no such word.  In the IE languages most relevant - those
where the fallow may have been present natively - the red deer and fallow
deer were one thing -  a deer.  Ockham's Razor.  Do not multiply entities
needlessly.