Arzawa = Razawa?

David L. White dlwhite at texas.net
Thu Mar 8 16:20:46 UTC 2001

        It has occurred to me to connect /ras-/ with /tors^-/, but I thought
I better not, being far enough out on a limb already...
        It is possible that there was more than one name for these people
floating around.  Note that Troy itself has another name, /ilio-/, or
whatever it was, and that there is some evidence to suggest that Luwian was
spoken in Troy.  Not that this means no other language was spoken in Troy:
Homer specifically refers to the armies of Troy as many-tongued, or
something like that.   Where knowledge is limited, possibilities multiply

Dr. David L. White