bilingualism and third language acquisition

Franziska Pott franziska.pott at gmx.de
Mon Jan 10 21:01:10 UTC 2005

Dear Info-Childes,

I am interested in (and conducting a small examination on) bilingualism
and third language acquisition concerning phonology. I am not really
happy with the little literature I have found. Does anybody know any
literature, authors etc. dealing with “true” bilinguals (bilingual since
childhood) learning a third (forth
) language (phonology!) as an adult
and resulting advantages/disadvantages/differences compared to
monolingual adult learners of a (first/second/
) foreign language?

I am also interested in studies on bilingualism/foreign language
acquisition involving the Hungarian, Serbokroatian or German language.

It is rather urgent. I am grateful for any tip!

Regards and many thanks

Franziska Pott

Franziska Pott
Johann-Clanze-Str. 29a