Ofertas de trabajo: 1. Spanish-English translation professor. 2. Spanish-English translation and/or interpreting lecturers. James Madison Univ, Virginia, Estados Unidos

Carlos Subirats Rüggeberg Carlos.Subirats at UAB.ES
Sat Dec 11 13:59:27 UTC 1999

INFOLING. Lista moderada de lingüística española
España: http://listserv.rediris.es/archives/infoling.html
EE.UU: http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/infoling.html
Comunidad Virtual de Usuarios asociada a Infoling:
ESTUDIOS DE LINGÜÍSTICA ESPAÑOLA http://elies.rediris.es/
Envío de información: mailto:infoling-request at listserv.rediris.es
Editor: Carlos Subirats Rüggeberg, UAB <Carlos.Subirats at uab.es>
Coeditora: Mar Cruz Piñol, U. Barcelona <mcruz at lingua.fil.ub.es>
Comité de redacción: http://elies.rediris.es/#Comite_de_redaccion

         De: Réthoré, Christophe <rethorcx at jmu.edu>
         Información distribuida por LINGUIST List:
      http://linguistlist.org/issues/10/10-1904.html#1
      http://linguistlist.org/issues/10/10-1904.html#2

1. FULL-TIME SPANISH-ENGLISH TRANSLATION PROFESSOR NEEDED
    At James Madison University, in Virginia, we are
setting up a new program in translation. We teach
translation, text revision and bilingual
lexicography/terminology in the following pairs:

    English-into-Spanish
    Spanish-into-English
    French-into-English
    German-into-English
    Italian-into-English
    Russian-into-English
    Japanese-into-English
    Chinese-into-English

and we also plan to do Arabic-English.

    We now have a full-time position open in
teaching/research  in Spanish-English Translation (starting
Fall of 2000). The ideal candidate will be a native speaker
of English (or have a complete native fluency in English).
Practical experience as a translator or linguistic
consultant is definitely a plus. In addition, knowledge and
expertise in text revision and/or terminology/lexicography
will come handy. PhD in hand preferred, but ABDs and
Master's Degrees most welcome.

    In addition to teaching in the above mentioned fields,
the successful candidate may also teach -alternatively-
related areas such as Advanced Grammar, Comparative
Stylistics/Grammar (or Stylistics and Translation), as well
as one type of specialized Spanish (Spanish as LSP):

    Technical Spanish, Business Spanish, Medical
    Spanish, Legal Spanish, or Spanish in Advertising.

    James Madison University is an innovative university
based in Virginia, conveniently located 1 hour and 45
minutes from the Washington, DC area. It is a comprehensive
and growing university with a student population of 15,000.
We offer an interesting remuneration/social benefits
package.

    Please send inquiries and additional questions, or a
resume with three letters of recommendation, to:

    Christophe Rethore
    Director of Translation Studies
    James Madison University
    301 Keezell Hall - MSC 1802
    Harrisonburg, VA 22807
    USA
    rethorcx at jmu.edu
    540-568-3512
    540-568-6904 fax

2. WORLDWIDE SEARCH - SPANISH-ENGLISH TRANSLATION
AND/OR INTERPRETING LECTURERS NEEDED

        We are now seeking applications from
instructors/lecturers in:

    Spanish-English Technical/Scientific Translation
    English-Spanish Technical/Scientific Translation
    Spanish-English Business Translation
    English-Spanish Business Translation
    Spanish-English Medical Translation
    English-Spanish Medical Translation
    Spanish-English Legal Translation
    English-Spanish Legal Translation
    English < > Spanish Interpreting
    (Medical, Legal/Court, Business, Technical,
    General)

    Classes will be taught starting Summer and/or Fall of
2000. The ideal candidates must have strong credentials and
a solid practical experience in their field. Teaching
experience is a plus, but not a must.

    Instructors interested in teaching translation (but not
interpreting!) online are also welcome to apply, especially
if you reside outside Virginia and the United States.

    James Madison University is an innovative university
based in Virginia, conveniently located 1 hour and 45
minutes away from the Washington, DC area. It is a
comprehensive and growing university with a student
population of 15,000. Remuneration may be negotiated
depending on the candidate's experience.

    Please send inquiries and additional questions, or a
resume with three references or letters of recommendation,
to:

    Christophe Rethore
    Director of Translation Studies
    James Madison University