X Forum for Iberian Studies "Charting Transfers: Remapping Iberia" - Oxford (UK) - junio de 2005

INFOLING mcruz at UB.EDU
Mon Jan 10 07:53:55 UTC 2005

--------------------------   INFOLING   ------------------------------
 Lista de distribución de lingüística del español (ISSN: 1576-3404)
                  http://elies.rediris.es/infoling/
    Envío de información: infoling-request at listserv.rediris.es
                             EDITORES:
       Carlos Subirats Rüggeberg, UAB <carlos.subirats at uab.es>
           Mar Cruz Piñol, U. Barcelona <mcruz at ub.edu>
        Eulalia de Bobes Soler, UAB <Eulalia.deBobes at uab.es>
 Equipo de edición: http://elies.rediris.es/infoling/editores.html
Estudios de Lingüística del Español (ELiEs): http://elies.rediris.es
es una red temática de lingüística del español asociada a INFOLING.

Infoling y ELiEs se editan con el patrocinio del Ministerio de
Ciencia y Tecnología de España (DIF2003-10302-E): http://www.mcyt.es

X Forum for Iberian Studies
Charting Transfers: Remapping Iberia
1st Call for Papers

Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages
University of Oxford (UK)
3-4 June 2005
http://users.ox.ac.uk/%7Efmml0079/Call%20for%20Papers.htm

Limits (or thresholds) have been drawn and redrawn, set in ink or
otherworse, delineating porous borders that have mediated cultural and
political transfers across Iberian histories. Nations, languages,
states, literary and artistic traditions, political histories have been
used to expand, reduce, compress, (dis)connect imaginary communities.

How do we chart the shifting boundaries? Does Iberia not live here
anymore? Has it, ever?

In the year we celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Forum for Iberian
Studies, we welcome contributions from areas such as literary and
cultural studies, linguistics, history, geography, sociology,
anthropology, art, amongst others. Papers can be presented in English or
any of the romance languages of the Iberian Peninsula.

Proposals for 20-minute papers should include a title and an abstract of
about 300 words. Please mention any technical requirements and include
your name, affiliation and contact details.

Abstracts should be submitted by 1 March 2005 to any of the following:

Rocio Martínez Espada
Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages
University of Oxford
47 Wellington Square
OX1 2JF OXFORD
+44 (0)1865 270479
rocio.martinezespada at mod-langs.ox.ac.uk

Maria Linheira
The Queen's College
University of Oxford
OX1 4AW OXFORD
+44 (0)1865 279159
maria.linheira at queens.ox.ac.uk

Información remitida por

    Antoni Bernadó Mansilla
    Faculty of Modern and Medieval Languages
    University of Oxford
    41 Wellington Square
    OX1 2JF OXFORD