Proyecto de investigacion Corpus Escrito del Espanol L2 (CEDEL2): peticion de ayuda y participacion

Carlos Subirats carlos.subirats at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 11 18:52:07 UTC 2006

--------------------------   INFOLING   ------------------------------
 Lista de distribución de lingüística del español (ISSN: 1576-3404)
                  http://elies.rediris.es/infoling/
    Envío de información: infoling-request at listserv.rediris.es
                             EDITORES:
       Carlos Subirats Rüggeberg, UAB <carlos.subirats at uab.es>
           Mar Cruz Piñol, U. Barcelona <mcruz at ub.edu>
   Eulalia de Bobes Soler, U. Abat Oliba-CEU <debobes1 at uao.es>
 Equipo de edición: http://elies.rediris.es/infoling/editores.html
Estudios de Lingüística del Español (ELiEs): http://elies.rediris.es
es una red temática de lingüística del español asociada a INFOLING.
                       © Copyright Infoling

Proyecto de investigación Corpus Escrito del Español  L2 (CEDEL2):
petición de ayuda y participación
De: Cristobal Lozano <clozan2 at yahoo.com>

WHAT'S "CEDEL2"?

- CEDEL2 (Corpus Escrito del Español  L2) is a research project at the
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain). It is funded by the Ministerio
de Educación y Ciencia (MEC), the Comunidad Autónoma de Madrid (CAM)
and the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM).

- We are investigating how English-speaking people learn Spanish.

- We are collecting a large database (corpus) of written compositions
by learners of Spanish.

WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?

- Learners of Spanish who have English as their mother tongue: any
level (beginner, intermediate, advanced).

HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?

- You are requested to fill in three online and anonymous forms at:
http://www.uam.es/woslac/cedel2.htm

- First form: your learning background.

- Second form: questions about Spanish language. This is NOT an exam,
but simply a short test to check your level of Spanish.

- Third form: a brief composition in Spanish. We are interested in
REAL and SPONTANEOUS language, so  don't worry about making mistakes
or being assessed. Please DON'T use any dictionaries or grammar books.
You can choose between several compositions topics.

WHAT CAN YOU GET FROM IT?

- We will email you the Spanish grammar test results, so you can know
your level of Spanish.

- We will send you by post a certificate (stamped by the Universidad
Autónoma de Madrid) stating that you have participated in our project.

WHO HAS ALREADY PARTICIPATED?

So far, we have received data from different institutions all over the
world (Open University UK, Cambridge University UK, Essex University
UK, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, University of Hertfordshire UK,
Boston University, St Louis University, Fundacion Ortega y Gasset,
Skidmore Collegue, St Paul's School London, Escuela Oficial de
Idiomas, British Council, Rutgers University USA, Universidad de
Cantabria, etc).

REMEMBER:

- This is NOT an exam.

- You will NOT be assessed.

- We are simply interested in your SPONTANEOUS written Spanish language.

- All information is ANONYMOUS and CONFIDENTIAL.

PARTICIPATE NOW in CEDEL2: http://www.uam.es/woslac/start.htm

If you (or your institution) are interested in collaborating in the
research project: http://www.uam.es/woslac/    [then click on
'institutional information']

Thank you.

Cristóbal Lozano and  Amaya Mendikoetxea

Más información:
Grupo de investigación WOSLAC
Word Order in Second Language Acquisition Corpora, Universidad
Autónoma de Madrid:  http://www.uam.es/woslac