[LAP] Celebrating Inclusivity at the First National Conference on Linguistics and Literature

Irfan Abbas irfanabbas.mul at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 15:45:33 UTC 2023

Dear Linguists,

We hope this email finds you well. We are delighted to share with you the
remarkable success of the *first National Conference on Linguistics and
Literature* organized by *the Faculty of Languages and Literature* at our
esteemed institution, the University of Central Punjab (UCP). The
conference, held on *June 1-2, 2023*, surpassed our expectations and left a
lasting impact on all attendees.

We would like to express our sincere gratitude to all those who contributed
to the success of the conference in various capacities. We extend our
special thanks to *Dr. Kamal Khan, Dr. Naseem Raja, Dr. Mari Wikund, Dr.
Silvia, and Dr. Rampton* for their invaluable contribution in recording the
conference promotion videos, which greatly enhanced its reach and
engagement.

The conference showcased a diverse range of activities, including
exceptional keynote speeches, insightful parallel sessions, enriching
workshops, thought-provoking poster presentations, and a memorable cultural
night. However, *what truly set this conference apart was its commitment to
inclusivity.*

In our pursuit to foster inclusivity, I took the initiative to introduce
two sign language interpreters who provided real-time interpretation of the
speeches and panel discussions. This initiative was highly appreciated by
all participants, including our esteemed chief guest, the American Counsel
General, Makaneole. By introducing sign language interpretation at the
conference, UCP became the first university in Pakistan to take this
significant step towards inclusivity in such events.

We firmly believe that inclusivity should not be limited to a single
conference or institution. It is our collective responsibility to embrace
and promote inclusivity across academia and beyond. Neglected communities
deserve recognition, respect, and opportunities to participate fully in all
spheres of life. By celebrating diversity and providing accessible
platforms, we can create a positive ripple effect that extends far beyond
our own walls.

We encourage you to join us in championing inclusivity and making it an
integral part of future conferences and academic events. Let us work
together to ensure that no community feels neglected, but rather considers
itself an indispensable part of our shared journey.

Once again, we extend our heartfelt appreciation to all those who
contributed to the success of the first National Conference on Linguistics
and Literature.

Thank you for your attention and support.

*Warm regards,*

*Dr. Irfan Abbas*

Faculty of Languages and Literature, University of Central Punjab

--
Best,
*Irfan Abbas*