[Lexicog] Re: languages represented on this list -- Inezeño Chumash

jamatra9 jamatra at PACBELL.NET
Tue Aug 3 07:26:38 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have been working on Inezeño Chumash, a native Californian
language from Santa Barbara County, since 1969.

There are no living speakers and my research was/is based on John P.
Harrington's extensive manuscripts.  I model my pronunciation on
recordings of closely related Barbareño Chumash -- the last
speaker died in 1965.

Since May of 2003 I have been working with the Santa Ynez Band of
Chumash Indians to create a language program.  You can view the
website at www.chumashlanguage.com.

I just discovered this list.  I'm especially interested in the
discussion of dictionary software, as well as the discussion of
dictionary entries in polysynthetic languages that elicited so much
comment a few months ago.

Regards, Richard Applegate

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM