[Lexicog] Who Said What?

Martin Hosken martin_hosken at SIL.ORG
Fri Oct 1 08:27:02 UTC 2004

Dear John,

>>Well, pine may give you Unicode some time. Indeed, according to
>>http://www.suse.de/~bk/pine/FAQ.html there is a version which already
>>does so, at least in a limited way. But Eudora will never give you
>>Unicode, so don't go that way. I would recommend Mozilla, if that can
>>run on your system. But I guess it is up to "them".

Sorry to ask a silly question, but in a UTF8 shell, wouldn't pine give
you UTF8 support, at least for reading messages (maybe not for editing,
true)?

> No, I can the mozilla mail clients on a Windows system, I think, so that
> bit is up to me.  And mozilla is also available on the server platform -
> Solaris, I think.

Thunderbird is probably an easier route and is available for Windows and
Linux. The server can be either pop3 or imap so anything that works for
pine should work with Thunderbird.

Yours,
Martin

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM