[Lexicog] Who Said What?

Kenneth C. Hill kennethchill at YAHOO.COM
Mon Sep 27 22:45:04 UTC 2004

Yes, Peter, I originally thought it offensive to communicate with Spanish
speakers using a reduced set of characters, but their response was
positive enough that I think we're a little too condescending at times
thinking that technological limitations that are American in origin are
something to be so embarrassed about that we don't consider the
communicative needs of people who are limited by them. There are many
issues that Americans might properly be embarrassed about, but it seems to
me that the limited ASCII character set ranks quite low on the list. All
I've done is to suggest a workaround for people who are concerned that
certain recipients might not be able to read something that's important in
a message.

--Ken

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM