[Lexicog] Humour, OTT completely

Chaz Mortensen chaz_mortensen at SIL.ORG
Thu Aug 25 13:45:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:43:10 -0400
 Mike Maxwell <maxwell at ldc.upenn.edu> wrote:

> I've seen several movies dubbed into English where actors were given
> accents; Das Boat stands out as a very good example.  Do people ever
> speak with accents in dubbed-in movies in other languages?
> --

Mike,

Occasionally we see the Spanish version of a movie or a Spanish-language original with some characters having French or gringo accents. Let me tell you, a French accent in English sounds far more suave and debonair than it does in Spanish.

-Chaz

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM