[Lexicog] rules when it comes to latin word roots

Wed Feb 23 21:23:39 UTC 2005

Another technique is putting a colon after the word define in the Google
search as

define: vespertine

That gets you glossaries that define the word.

Benjamin Barrett

  _____

From: fieldworks_support at sil.org [mailto:fieldworks_support at sil.org]

You don't need this list to do that. You could use the "define" feature of
Google, which looks up definitions of words.

If I type "define vespertine" in the Google search window , I get a
definition "happening in the evening". If I type "define vesperile" it says
there are no documents, so I conclude "vesperile" is not a recognized word.

Steve White, Jaars language software support