[Lexicog] Lexique Pro file from scratch

Sean M. Burke sburke at CPAN.ORG
Fri Jan 14 02:38:15 UTC 2005

At 11:37 AM 2005-01-12, phil cash cash wrote:
>I have a number of dictionary files in Shoebox 4.0 (is this a dinosaur
>now?) but could never really master getting a Shoebox print out as it
>seemed to a pretty complicated manuever.  [...]

It is.  I gave up.  And instead I wrote a Perl module to read .sf files,
such as Shoebox happily exports:
   http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/Text-Shoebox-1.02/
And I use that to read files in, manipulate the data, and then I use
another file to spit it out as RTF or HTML.

I wrote an article about it:
   http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2004/03/25/dictionaries.html

And I have lived happily ever after.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EA3HyD/3MnJAA/79vVAA/HKE4lB/TM