[Lexicog] FileMaker Pro 7

Kenneth Keyes ken_keyes at SIL.ORG
Mon Jul 18 01:46:05 UTC 2005

I might add that Shoebox 3 is Worldscript aware. Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nicholas
Thieberger
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 5:25 AM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Lexicog] FileMaker Pro 7

Brook/Wayne,

Shoebox is a mac application (under Classic), but Toolbox does require
Win emulation at the moment. Shoebox is not that stable under Classic
(save often!).

Nick

Brook, you should be able to continue using Shoebox on your Mac if you
are willing to use a Windows emulator. I know things processes slow
down, but you don't usually need fast speed for your lexical files until
you are doing some data-intensive massaging, such as re-alphabetizing,
doing other sorts, extracting specific semantic domains, etc.

I'm sure there are others on here who would be able to comment on how
well Shoebox or Toolbox works under Windows emulation on a Mac.

I guess I'm getting old enuf that I'd rather stick with software I'm
familiar with than climb another learning curve. But you may enjoy that
climb. If so, more power to you.

Wayne

-----
Wayne Leman
Cheyenne website: HYPERLINK
"http://www.geocities.com/cheyenne_language"http://www.geocities.com/che
yenne_language

Thanks everyone for your responses.

In fact, I had been using Shoebox/Toolbox, but recently switched to a
Mac, so I am looking for some dictionary software to use on a Mac.

If anyone has any more comments or experiences about using FileMaker Pro
7 or any other database or dictionary software on a Mac for that matter,
I would be interested.

Thanks again!

-Brook

   _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*	 Visit your group "HYPERLINK
"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lexicographylist"lexicographylist" on the
web.

*	 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 HYPERLINK
"mailto:lexicographylist-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe

*	 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the HYPERLINK

Project Manager
PARADISEC
Pacific And Regional Archive for Digital Sources in Endangered Cultures
http://paradisec.org.au

nicholas.thieberger at paradisec.org.au
Department of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
University of Melbourne
Vic 3010
Australia

Ph 61 (0)3 8344 5185