[Lexicog] Derogatory (?) endings

Nick Miller nick.miller at CZECH-TRANSLATION.COM
Fri Sep 2 15:32:33 UTC 2005

>>Would the Terminatrix then be the wife of the Terminator,

or a new  female movie character opposing the

Terminator?

And the "gubernatrix"? Would she be the gubernator's

(Ah-nold's) wife, or the next governess, I mean, governor

of California?

So Fritz, Terminatrix begat Gubernatrix who in turn begat Arnold?

Anyway, I think you mean GovernPerson or perhaps GovernChair
?

I’ve just thought of a bad pun: At the closed Door meeting, the Chair wanted
to Table a motion, but the Sofa abstained.

Oh well

NM

---
avast! Antivirus: Odchozi zprava cista.
Virova databaze (VPS): 0535-3, 02.09.2005
Testovano: 2.9.2005 17:32:35
avast! (c) copyright 2000-2004 ALWIL Software.