[Lexicog] Basic Question about Determining Semantics of Adpositions....

Heather Souter hsouter at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 6 21:21:21 UTC 2009

Taanshi, hello,

I am interested in where I could find information (preferably accessible
online) on what questions to keep in mind when looking at sentences
containing adpositions in an underdocumented language.  I have some ideas
about what to look for by looking and comparing collocations, but I would
like to be systematic and do work that would be considered at least
"decent" work by a professional linguist.    I am working on my own heritage
language but have done no linguistics courses(yet!) in either semantics or
lexicography....  Your help would be appreciated.

Kihci-marsii!  Thank-you very much!

Eekoshi pitamaa. That is it for now!
Heather Souter
Camperville, MB, Canada