[Lexicog] Love and fire

Fritz Goerling Fritz_Goerling at SIL.ORG
Thu Feb 19 10:42:43 UTC 2009

One can even start a related thread comparing what happens to 'love' which
has a number of parallels with 'fire.'

Both can die. But love doesn't go out. Both can be rekindled. Love can grow
cold (biblical language), but can a fire?

What is the opposite of "on fire"? Maybe "on ice" (when I think of Eldrige
Cleaver's books "Soul on Ice" and "Soul on Fire")?

Fritz Goerling

You and I could keep it going. We could tend it, stoke it, build it up, fuel
it, throw another log on the fire, blow on it, fan it into flames, and pump
the bellows. If all else fails and it dies, we can rekindle it.

Ron

  _____