language policy studiesat the Juan March Foundation

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Tue Feb 19 15:46:33 UTC 2002

Members:

One of our new members, Araceli Garcia del Soto, has pointed out to me
that the Juan March Foundation (www.march.es) has some working papers and
some Ph.D. theses devoted to language policy issues:

As she put it, "Check Josu Mezo's Ph.D. and also David Laitin's working
papers."  As far as I [hs] can make out, if you access this site via its
English version, it's hard to find the working papers and theses, but if
you go to the Spanish version, it's clearer.  Go to the page labelled
"Centro de Estudios Avanzados en Ciencias Sociales" and then scroll down
to "Publicaciones del Centro" where you will see "Estudios/Working Papers"
and "Tesis Doctorales."

She also says that "In working papers (there are around 200 now) they do
have a lot of materials on conflict related to language, although language
is not their primary research interest."

Hal Schiffman