Fw: mercator working paper 5

Alkistis Fleischer fleischa at georgetown.edu
Tue Jan 29 04:45:43 UTC 2002

Forwarding this announcement:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mercator" <mercator at ciemen.org>
Subject: mercator working paper 5

Dear all,

The new Mercator Working Paper nº5, "Languages and institutions in the
European Union" by Manuel Alcaraz Ramos (Full Professor of Constitutional
Law at the Universitat d'Alacant), is already on line
(http://www.troc.es/ciemen/mercator/work-pape.htm), in Catalan and English
versions.

The Mercator Working Papers series of ongoing monographical works or
researches on linguistic rights, legislation or policies is part of
Mercator-Linguistic Rights and Legislation  program consisting of three
different areas: research, diffusion and documentation and information
service.

The current working papers that you can find on line are:

Working paper 1: the promotion of minority languages in Russian Federation
and the prevention of interethnic conflicts: the case of Kalmykia, by Marc
Leprêtre

Working paper 2: The main concepts in the recognition of linguistic rights
in European States, by Neus Oliveras Jané

Working paper 3: The political status of Romani language in Europe, by Peter
Bakker & Marcia Rooker

Working paper 4: The juridical defence of Rhaeto-romansh languages, with
particular reference to the Friulan case, by William Cisilino.

Working paper 5: Languages and institutions in the European Union, by Manuel
Alcaraz Ramos.

Within the diffusion area, we continue with the Mercator other on-line
publications:

· our BULLETIN, in which we publish legislative novelties (both national and
international) affecting the situation of minoritized languages and their
use in public spheres, as well as bibliographical novelties and those in the
internet.

· the DOSSIERS, which divulge part of the results of our work concerning
critical and documental research.

All these publications may be consulted and directly downloaded from the
MERCATOR-LEGISLATION webpage
(http://www.troc.es/ciemen/mercator) -Publication section-, or may be
received in hard copy by means of a free subscription, which you can submit
to the following e-mail address: cdoc at ciemen.org