Research on bilingualism in child language development

Alkistis Fleischer fleischa at georgetown.edu
Wed Nov 5 19:47:54 UTC 2003

You can look at work by Juergen Meisel (University of Hamburg) and Fred Genesee (McGill).

The following references are a good start:

Cenoz, Jasone and Fred Genesee, eds. (2001). Trends in Bilingual Acquisition.  Amsterdam and Philadelphia: Benjamins.

      Döpke, Susanne, ed. (2000). Cross-linguistic Structures in Simultaneous Bilingualism. Amsterdam and Philadelphia: Benjamins.

Meisel, Jürgen M., ed. (1990). Two First Languages: Early Grammatical Development in Bilingual Children. Dordrecht, Holland & Providence, RI: Foris.

Meisel, Jürgen M., ed. (1994). Bilingual First Language Acquisition: French and German Grammatical Development. Amsterdam and Philadelphia: Benjamins.

Alkistis Fleischer

fleischa at georgetown.edu