Native Nations, Native Voices

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Wed Jul 14 14:01:07 UTC 2004

Forwarded From: Gordon Bronitsky <g.bronitsky at att.net>

    Native Nations, Native Voices continues to garner more publicity--within
the last few days, we've had inquiries about attending and offers to
publicize the festival from a Canadian Athabascan writer, a magazine which
serves the American Indian community in New York City, a Polish radio
station, the Comanche Language and Cultural Preservation Committee, the
largest Native newspaper in Canada, a Cree language listserve from Canada,
an NPR producer in South Carolina, an Australian linguist and more--very
encouraging!  Additionally, we've had expressions of interest in hosting the
festival in 2006 from the Marianas Islands, Arizona, Oklahoma, Oaxaca and
Alberta, Canada.
    As the planning continues for Native Nations, Native Voices in 2005 in
New Mexico, we need to obtain some firm commitments regarding funding.  I
hope to hear from some of them soon.
    I'll continue to keep you posted.
    Thanks.

    Gordon Bronitsky