AW: Draft of European Constitution

Steffen Obeling sobeling at smail.uni-koeln.de
Fri Jun 18 21:19:49 UTC 2004

I have just finished a paper on the draft treaty establishing a
Constitution for Europe analyzing the work by the Convention, the text
production and the text itself. I have basically worked on text
linguistic aspects of the draft treaty as well as on a multilingual
comparison of some diverging articles. The subject was to point out the
reasons for the often criticised lack of transparency and readability.
Last not least, I have examined the influence of the suggestions made by
the Académie Française and by the Legal services.

If anyone of you is interested in this paper written in German or in my
research, please contact me.

Best regards,
Steffen Obeling
Universität zu Köln