New research centre to save 'lost languages'

Stan & Sandy Anonby stan-sandy_anonby at sil.org
Sun Mar 28 13:07:39 UTC 2004

Yeah, it's nostalgic.  I work in Brazil, where Indians opt for Portuguese.
Rule of thumb:  Speakers of lesser languages learn the more powerful
languages; never vice versa.  Some rare folk like linguists learn lower
prestige languages, but usually the result is to enhance their own prestige
in the world of dominant language.

Stan Anonby