CIRCULARS IN LANGUAGE OF MINORITIES LAND IN TROUBLE

Margaret Ronkin ronkinm at georgetown.edu
Thu May 6 20:06:51 UTC 2004

I find it interesting that M. Vasanth, author of the e-letter from the UK, leaves the ideology of the nation state of India very much non-negotiable. Here, the focus is on the role of that nation state in mediating flows of resources and information. Opposing "fanaticism" and realizing "progress" through processes of reason and control (the ubiquitous act of "gaining an upper hand") are concerns. --Maggie