GURT 2006: Endangered and Minority Languages and Language Varieties

Harold F. Schiffman haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 30 18:12:51 UTC 2005

CONFERENCE NOTICE AND CALL FOR PAPERS

Georgetown University Round Table on Languages and Linguistics 2006

Endangered and Minority Languages and Language Varieties:

Defining, Documenting, and Developing

March 3-5, 2006

Washington, DC

Co-organizers: Kendall King & Natalie Schilling-Estes

Georgetown University Linguistics Department

The Faculty of Languages and Linguistics at Georgetown University is
pleased to announce the 2006 Georgetown University Round Table on
Languages and Linguistics (GURT). The theme of this years conference is
'Endangered and Minority Languages and Language Varieties:  Defining,
Documenting and Developing. GURT will take place on the campus of
Georgetown University in Washington, DC, March 3-5.

Confirmed plenary speakers include Nancy Hornberger, William Labov,
Suzanne Romaine, Elana Shohamy, and Walt Wolfram. The conference will also
feature symposia organized by Joy Kreeft Peyton, Ofelia Garcia, Teresa
McCarty, Leena Huss & Pia Lane, and Cristina Sanz.

We invite proposals for colloquia, individual papers, and poster
presentations related to the conference theme.  The proposal
submission deadline is November 1, 2005.

For more details about the conference, please visit our website at
http://www.georgetown.edu/events/gurt/2006/

Kendall King, Ph.D.
http://www.georgetown.edu/faculty/akk25/