Article from The New Republic online

Aurolyn Luykx aurolynluykx at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 18:31:53 UTC 2005

Re Felicia's:

> Usually the majority speakers have gotten those
> funds by exploiting the minority speakers...

Sure -- but I think Stan's point was that RLS efforts
are bound to be precarious when they depend on outside
support. Even though one could easily make a case that
those ill-gotten gains should be used in benefit of
ethnic minorities, it ain't likely to happen, and to
the small extent that it does, it makes the ethnic
minority project dependent on the good graces of the
more powerful dominant group -- not a good scenario
for sustainability.
Aurolyn

http://www.tnr.com/doc.mhtml?pt=Lm%2BuwXdN9rBSlfryKgfSjh%3D%3D