The magic of ignorance - English a false prophet

R. A. Stegemann moogoonghwa at mac.com
Wed Jan 12 05:17:16 UTC 2005

So, why cannot people in the rural areas study math and science? Would
it not make more sense to devote scare government resources to the
study of math and science in rural areas, rather than having everyone
chasing after a false pot of gold at the end of a universal English
language rainbow? Just what percent of all Malaysians belong to
Malaysia's elite, anyway.

Hamo

p.s. I am happy to see that you survived the tsunami.