The magic of ignorance - English a false prophet

R. A. Stegemann moogoonghwa at mac.com
Sun Jan 23 09:56:19 UTC 2005

Dear members,

I offer the following reply to Stan.

Recently I asked a secondary student and devote Hong Konger why she
studied English. Her reply was that her mother and teachers told her
that it was important that she do it. We then discussed the matter a
little bit, and she decided to ask them again. Would you like to bet on
the response that she will come back with next week? I am certain it
will be the same as that given by Hong Kong's "ignorant, self-serving
elite".

By the way, do you understand the concept of expected value?

Please post again next Sunday for her reply.

Hamo