Support for Canadian Bilingualism on the rise

Anonby stan-sandy_anonby at sil.org
Wed Mar 9 15:45:41 UTC 2005

I think that's great news, and something I have observed informally.

I wonder why there has been this change of attitude. Any ideas? It seems to
me that support for bilingualism comes lockstep with tolerance. Does that
ring any bells? On almost all issues, I would say Canadian young people are
more tolerant, less rigid than their elders. Do you think this might be true
of young people throughout most of the world?

Stan