Book notice correction

Thomas Ricento Thomas.Ricento at utsa.edu
Thu Oct 5 20:03:27 UTC 2006

Hal and list subcribers,
     I want to point out an error in the attached review of my book 'An
introduction to language policy' (Blackwell, 2006).  The reviewer
incorrectly quotes what I wrote on P. x of the book.  She writes the aim
of the book, according to the editor, is "to position LP as an area of
research within sociology and, more broadly, within the social sciences
and humanities" (p. x). What I actually wrote is "to position LP as an
area of research within sociolinguistics and, more broadly, within the
social sciences ahd humanities."

     Since TESL-EJ is an on-line journal, I would ask the author of the
review (or Hal) to contact the journal and have them make the
correction.

Thanks.

Tom Ricento