Google blogs on "language policy"

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 14:04:45 UTC 2006

** <https://w>

All:

Some of you may be aware that I regularly receive a "Google News Alert for:
*language policy" *which

I then sift through to find articles that are really about "language policy"
and not just articles that happen to have

the terms "policy" and "language" in them.  I forward these to you as I
receive them.  Recently,

however, I have begun to receive a different category of messages, from
blogs. These are much

more difficult to handle, because some (many? most?) are *very *opinionated
and some are also

obscene, vicious, and not appropriate for this list.  I also don't have the
time to sort through all

of these, though I am sure some are worth reading.

Instead, from now on I will forward the list I receive to you, and you can
decide what to do with them.

(signed) Hal Schiffman

(Moderator/list owner)

Here goes:

Google Blogs Alert for: *language policy*

Globalisation, Islam and
class<http://larvatusprodeo.net/2006/10/29/globalisation-islam-and-class/>
By Eric Blair
He then goes on to discuss how this exclusionist *policy* came to be part of
the *...* but a *policy* of importing labour from the fringes of the world
economy. *...* were not recognised, *language* and culture were marginalised
and disrespected: *...*
Larvatus Prodeo - http://larvatusprodeo.net <http://larvatusprodeo.net/>

Hypocrisy Watch<http://www.cross-currents.com/archives/2006/10/29/hypocrisy-watch/>
By Jonathan Rosenblum
*...* their children foreign *language* instruction or a parochial school
education. *...* that the prime objective of the government’s absorption *
policy* was “adaptation *...* When the Yemenite Jews protested this *
policy* in the Ein Shemer camp, *...*
Cross-Currents - http://www.cross-currents.com
<http://www.cross-currents.com/>

Lack of restraint<http://opine-editorials.blogspot.com/2006/10/lack-of-restraint.html>
By Chairm
It must be convenient not to have to deal with the constraints of actual
constitutional *language* when judicially revolutionizing social *policy*. *
* *. See: No Limits to Expansive Reading of Non-Existent Constitutional
Provisions by *...*
The Opine Editorials - http://opine-editorials.blogspot.com
<http://opine-editorials.blogspot.com/>

Tipping Point for War's Supporters?: The Washington
Post<http://mparent7777.livejournal.com/14053234.html>
By Marc Parent mparent7777 mparent 7777(Marc Parent mparent7777 mparent
7777)
In the wake of Warner's revelation and the unchecked violence in Iraq,
Bush's *language* in discussing the war changed markedly. As late as the end
of August, he was still describing his *policy* as "stay the course. *...*
CRIMES AND CORRUPTIONS OF THE... - http://mparent7777.livejournal.com/
<http://mparent7777.livejournal.com/>

A New Strategy for Control of Illegal
Immigration<http://commonsenseamerica.net/blog1/?p=1080>
By Christi S. King
I believe this confusion in *language* is deliberate. *...* The interesting
question for Washington *policy* wonks to study is whether the intellectual
*...* debate over illegal immigration - not some *policy* paper published in
Washington, DC, *...*
CommonSenseAmerica - http://commonsenseamerica.net/blog1
<http://commonsenseamerica.net/blog1>

Bush & Blair: two leaders searching for a way out
...<http://the-osterley-times.blogspot.com/2006/10/bush-blair-two-leaders-searching-for.html>
By Kel(Kel)
Mr Blair's *language* was almost identical. To do otherwise, he said,
*...*architect of his war would be seen as an admission that his
entire Iraq
*policy* has failed. *...* "Stay the course", containment, *policy*,
failure, US foreign *policy*, *...*
The Osterley Times - http://the-osterley-times.blogspot.com/index.html
<http://the-osterley-times.blogspot.com/index.html>

The first month<http://theconnollycolumn.blogspot.com/2006/10/first-month.html>
By c
I advise a mixture of French and English classes so as to strike a balance
between familiarity and improving your French. I've personally taken up a
selection of subjects encompassing French and Asian history, social *policy*and
*language* *...*
The Connolly Column - http://theconnollycolumn.blogspot.com
<http://theconnollycolumn.blogspot.com/>

Foreigh *Policy* Magazine Nov Dec
2006<http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/511740/775222/>
Category: Books Subcategory: Magazine Quality: No quality info *Language*:
English Uploaded by: Nanflexal Size: 8.81 MB.
Demonoid.com - Books - http://www.demonoid.com/ <http://www.demonoid.com/>

October 28, 2006<http://turcopundit.blogspot.com/2006/10/october-28-2006.html>
By Bahadir
H7 Asia Times Iran puts its foreign *policy* under scrutinyIran is
implementing a series of organizational reforms within its foreign
*policy*apparatus,
*...* The *language* of war gets a makeover. Der Spiegel INTERVIEW WITH
TERROR EXPERT RON *...*
TurcoPundit - http://turcopundit.blogspot.com
<http://turcopundit.blogspot.com/>

NYBR: Jesusland - 2000, when the fiction of the past became the
*...*<http://thecorner.typepad.com/bc/2006/10/nybr_jesusland_.html>
By Bob Carlton
*...* the *language* of the secular Enlightenment culture that evangelists
despise. *...* able to affect *policy* because liberals left over from
previous administrations *...* On social *policy* and related issues, the
lack of even basic *policy* *...*
The Corner - http://thecorner.typepad.com/bc/
<http://thecorner.typepad.com/bc/>

Base Bating <http://www.theagitator.com/archives/027176.php>
By radleybalko at hotmail.com(radleybalko at hotmail.com)
*...* as I've noted before, is that the *language* on the ballot goes well
beyond gay *...* that *language* could preclude gay and straight couples
from, for example, *...* It is a sweeping *policy* that goes above and
beyond "defining marriage" to *...*
The Agitator - http://www.theagitator.com/ <http://www.theagitator.com/>

 This once a day Google Alert is brought to you by Google.

Remove<http://www.google.com/alerts/remove?s=EAAAAFMDhaeTViqdWVHr9NueB7s&hl=en>this
alert.
Create <http://www.google.com/alerts?hl=en> another alert.
Manage <http://www.google.com/alerts/manage?hl=en> your alerts.