Guam Education Policy Board seeks certified Chamorro teachers

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 16:09:30 UTC 2007

Teacher certification for Chamorro studies teachers was the main topic of
discussion at Thursday night's Guam Education Policy Board meeting. Board
chairperson Peter Alecxis Ada says 39 teachers have been identified as not
having completed their Professional I certification. Dr. Jose Cruz suggested
that the department start opening up announcements to see if there is a pool
of qualified Chamorro language teachers.

"If that be the case that we do have, let's pull them in," said Dr. Cruz.
"Otherwise, we may have an option of again extending another extended
timeframe for these teachers to be certified."

Ada says there are no concrete decisions made in that area. He also
encourages all people on the list to get on track with their certifications
by August 13. Meanwhile, also presented were financial reports and
discussions on the furlough issue, which board members will continue to
discuss during their work sessions.
http://www.kuam.com/news/23302.aspx

sponsor of
the list as to the veracity of a message's contents. Members who disagree
with a