Link to UN's PFII Release: Subtractive Lg Education Is a Crime Against Humanity

Stan Anonby stan-sandy_anonby at sil.org
Thu May 22 18:33:03 UTC 2008

Thanks, Don,

Interesting. It doesn't surprise me that you've gotten so few responses.
Let's hope that means that punishment for speaking mother tongue is, indeed,
on the wane.

It certainly doesn't mean that minority languages attrition is on the wane,
though. Which makes me think that punishment for speaking mother tongue is
actually a minor motivator for language shift.

Stan Anonby