Russian occupants force children in Gali to study with Russian text-books

Rusiko Amirejibi-Mullen r.amirejibi-mullen at qmul.ac.uk
Fri Nov 21 09:54:50 UTC 2008

Russian occupants force children in Gali to study with Russian text-books

Interpressnews, November 20

Russian occupants bring text-books from sent by Moscow city hall and
force Georgian children to learn with them.Abkhazian autonomic
republic education minister Aleksandre Aplakov stated about it on a
special briefing today.He also says that Russian militants search
pupils on block-posts and check whether they have Russian books.
Drunken Russian militants abuse senior schoolgirls.?They suggest ideas
to them that they are not Georgians but Megrelians and their national
heroes must be Dmitry Medvedev and Vladimer Putin. Teachers of Gali
region schools are in extremely hard conditions, Abkhazians stopped to
finance them. We can not help them?, - Aleksandre Aplakov stated.He
states that teachers in Gali don?t exclude that they will have to
leave the villages and there will be new wave of refugees.Aplakov also
condemned the fact of opening fire by Abkhazians this morning from
Ganmukhuri.?We call for UN and EU observers to activate their work to
defend rights of citizens of Gali region, also right to get education
in their native language?, - Abkhazian legitimate government education
minister Aleksandre Aplakov stated.

http://www.geotimes.ge/index.php?m=home&newsid=13724