[lg policy] Calls: English and German Nationalist and Anti-Semitic Discourse (1871-1924) (fwd)

listman at listserv.linguistlist.org listman at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 2 19:42:21 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 11:25:53 -0400
From: Harold Schiffman <hfsclpp at gmail.com>
To: lp <lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn.edu>
Subject: [lg policy] Calls: English and German Nationalist and Anti-Semitic
     Discourse (1871-1924)

English and German Nationalist and Anti-Semitic Discourse (1871-1924)
Short Title: EGNAD

Date: 10-Sep-2010 - 11-Sep-2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Stefan Baumgarten
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.sllf.qmul.ac.uk/research/nationalismproject/

Call Deadline: 15-Jan-2010

Meeting Description:

The Historical Discourse Working Group would like to announce its first
international conference 'English and German Nationalist and Anti-Semitic
Discourse' to be held at Queen Mary, University of London on 10-11
September 2010.

Call for Papers

The conference organisers, Professor Felicity Rash and Dr Stefan Baumgarten,
invite proposals in the form of abstracts of about 150-200 words on relevant
topics in the analysis of pre-1945 nationalist, colonialist or anti-Semitic
discourse. We welcome contributions which discuss issues of
methodology or which
adopt interdisciplinary approaches, and we hope to foster debate on points of
contact between linguistics and the historical analysis of political and
ideological discourse. We would be particularly interested in contributions on
nationalist figures who are less well-represented in discourse research. It is
hoped that academic colleagues at all levels of their careers, including
postgraduate students, will offer to present papers or lead workshops.

The conference will be one of the events organised as part of the
major research
project 'The Discourse of German Nationalism and Anti-Semitism 1871-1924',
funded by the Leverhulme Trust and led by Prof. Felicity Rash and Dr Geraldine
Horan. The project web-site will be live from 1 June 2009.

Key note speakers will include Ruth Wodak and Andreas Musolff.

It is intended that the conference proceedings will be published.

Please send expression of interest and abstracts to Dr Stefan Baumgarten by 15
January 2010; email: s.baumgartenqmul.ac.uk

http://linguistlist.org/issues/20/20-1959.html