March 10: The telephone is 133 years old today. Call me.

Joseph Lo Bianco j.lobianco at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Mar 10 22:09:05 UTC 2009

Rather unfair to Antonio Meucci, the first person to transmit messages,
and ones more caring in fact since he was communicating with his
stricken wife and as a poor immigrant unable to register his patent is
now overlooked!

*********************************

Professor Joseph Lo Bianco, AM, FACE, FAHA
Chair, Language and Literacy Education

Associate Dean-Global Relations

Graduate School of Education

University of Melbourne 3010 VIC AUSTRALIA
T +61 (0)3 8344 8346

F +61 (0)3 8344 8612

MOB: +61 (0)407 798 978

Email: j.lobianco at unimelb.edu.au