[lg policy] Primary school 'street' talk breeding illiteracy, claims thinktank

Slavomír Čéplö bulbulthegreat at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 23 14:37:07 UTC 2010

Dear Ron, dear Anthea,

from what I can tell, you have to be

- clueless
- spineless
- of the right (pun intended) political persuasion
and
- a master at sucking up to those in authority

to get a job at a think tank.

I loved this bit:

"In other European countries argot and slang are not allowed into the
classroom; children know exactly what is 'correct' usage in their main
language, and what is not."

Talk about clueless.