[lg policy] Terralingua E-News Issue # 1

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 23 13:33:45 UTC 2010

Forwarded From: Terralingua <info at terralingua.org>

 If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it
online<http://e2ma.net/map/view=CampaignPublic/id=1405789.6628560713/rid=17f978f956a25fac6fc9e2ecc13bcf18>
.
  [image: Forward this message to a
friend]<http://e2ma.net/map/view=Forward/ID=1405789.6628560713/rid=17f978f956a25fac6fc9e2ecc13bcf18/send_to_friend>
<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926112/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org>
       [image: DonateNow]<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926130/1405789/goto:https://secure.groundspring.org/dn/index.php?aid=243>
  *Issue #1*
*March 22, 2010*
* *
* *
* *
Welcome our new e-newsletter! Starting today, we bring you monthly updates
with the latest on Terralingua's work sustaining global biocultural
diversity.

Our e-newsletter nicely complements our much-praised e-magazine, *Langscape,
*<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926131/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/publications/Langscape/langscape.html>
* *the main media resource on biocultural diversity available today.
Beautiful and packed with valuable content, Langscape is produced twice per
year. Look out for the next issue in late Spring 2010.

Here, you'll read about our two most recent accomplishments: our new book*
* *Biocultural Diversity Conservation: A Global
Sourcebook<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926132/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/?page_id=336>
*, and the book's companion portal, hosted on our website. Check out both of
these two unique resources! Avail yourself of the book order discount, and
be among the first to contribute to the portal!

If you would like to donate to Terralingua, the Donate
Now<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926133/1405789/goto:https://secure.groundspring.org/dn/index.php?aid=243>
button
on this page allows you to make a secure donation.

We look forward to receiving your feedback on this newsletter. And please
share it with anyone else you think may be interested!

All best,

Luisa Maffi, Terralingua Director
 ------------------------------

<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926111/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/?page_id=336>
   *Biocultural Diversity
Conservation<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926134/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/?page_id=336>
*
 *A Global Sourcebook<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926135/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/?page_id=336>
** *
*By Luisa Maffi and Ellen Woodley*
* *
 We are delighted to announce that our new book* Biocultural Diversity
Conservation: A Global Sourcebook* (Earthscan, 2010) is now out.

The outcome of one of Terralingua's projects, this book is a unique resource
on a new, integrative approach to conservation: an approach based on the
realization that protecting and restoring biodiversity is inextricably
linked to maintaining and revitalizing cultural and linguistic
diversity.  Click
<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926136/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/?page_id=336>
here<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926137/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/?page_id=336>
 to read more ! about the book and to order your copyAnd please let other
interested persons know about this very special book!
------------------------------

[image: Women displaying kitete gourds and kitete seed necklaces at
community festival Credit: Yasuyuki Morimoto/Bioversity
International]<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926113/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/>
 Women displaying kitete gourds and kitete seed necklaces at community
festival
<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926138/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/?p=82>
Credit: Yasuyuki Morimoto/Bioversity International

 *Terralingua's Portal on Biocultural Diversity
Conservation!<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926139/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/>
** *

 Coinciding with the publication of our Sourcebook, we are proud to
introduce the book's companion portal, Biocultural Diversity Conservation: A
Community of Practice, hosted on our website.

We are pre-launching the portal especially for our members and supporters!
This portal is a unique meeting space for everyone who has an interest in
protecting and restoring the biocultural diversity of life. It allows you to
explore biocultural diversity projects, share stories about biocultural
diversity, read about solutions that work, and participate in discussion
with people from all over the world. Click
here<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926140/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/>to
start browsing the portal.  Join this online community and make this
portal alive with your ideas!
------------------------------

*To contact us:<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926141/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/>
*

 217 Baker Road, Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 2N6, Canada
  Phone: 250.538.0939       Fax: 250.538.0940
 Web site: www.terralingua.org<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926142/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/>

Terralingua is a registered non-profit organization in Canada and a US
registered charity as a 501(c)(3) under U.S. tax laws(#38-3291259)

 ------------------------------

   <http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926115/1405789/goto:https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:Join/signupId:1413322/acctId:1405789>
 If you are not a Terralingua member, this is a good opportunity to
Join us!<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926143/1405789/goto:https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:Join/signupId:1413322/acctId:1405789>

For contact information updates send us an email to: members at terralingua.org
 <http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926116/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/?page_id=10>
 *Share your Story*<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926144/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/?page_id=10>
Read real-life stories about biocultural diversity, or tell your own story.
An exercise in renewing the tradition of learning through storytelling.

<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926110/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/?page_id=2>
 *Explore the Projects*<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926145/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/?page_id=2>
Visit our showcase of biocultural diversity conservation projects. An
ever-expanding gallery of projects from all continents that take an
integrative approach to conservation.

<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926114/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/?page_id=3>
 *Join the Conversation*<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926146/1405789/goto:http://www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation/?page_id=3>
Take part in a lively online discussion about biocultural diversity
conservation. Where we all come together to network, share ideas, and learn
from one another.
   271 Baker Road | Salt Spring Island, B.C. V8K 2N6 CA

This email was sent to *haroldfs at ccat.sas.upenn.edu*. To ensure that you
continue receiving our emails, please add us to your
address book or safe list.

*manage*<http://e2ma.net/map/view=Manage/signupId=1412570/id=1405789.6628560713/rid=17f978f956a25fac6fc9e2ecc13bcf18>your
preferences |
*opt out*<http://e2ma.net/map/view=OptOut/ID=1405789.6628560713/rid=17f978f956a25fac6fc9e2ecc13bcf18/signupId=1412570>using
*TrueRemove™*

Got this as a forward? *Sign
up*<http://e2ma.net/map/view=Join/signupId=1412570/mailingId=208142268/acctId=1405789>to
receive our future emails.

[image: Network for Good]
*EmailNow* powered by
Emma<http://e2ma.net/go/6628560713/208142268/211926147/1405789/goto:http://www1.networkforgood.org/for-nonprofits/fundraising/emailnow>

disagree with a message are encouraged to post a rebuttal. (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)