[lg policy] Europe: poster showing (minority) languages of Europe

Damien Hall djh514 at YORK.AC.UK
Wed May 26 18:46:36 UTC 2010

>Thanks for these two messages, Damien.

No problem. Twitter is great as a quick indicator of what's out there, even
if the coverage is necessarily a bit random ...

> I'd like to be able to save the 2nd one, the interactive one, but I don't
> know how to save it. I'd like to post it on our "images" page. Maybe all
> I can do is save the URL to the images page...

Maybe so; as it's interactive, it's probably not just an image but a
website, so it can't just be saved in the way one would save an image.
That's my guess, but I've never designed a website in my life. That's why
I'm replying to this in public: in case anyone else out there is
better-informed!

All the best

Damien

>On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Damien Hall <djh514 at york.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Via @langology on Twitter, the announcement (in French) of a poster of
>> the minority languages of Europe, published by Eurominority.eu. The
>> publicity for the poster specifically is here:
>>
>> http://bit.ly/dy9Hz2
>>
>> (the publicity comes, appropriately enough, from Agence Bretagne Presse).
>> Eurominority.eu itself is here:
>>
>> http://www.eurominority.eu/version/eng/
>>
>> Typing in just 'http://www.eurominority.eu' defaults to the English
>> version, interestingly, though probably logically: from a practical
>> point of view, that's likely to be the language most commonly spoken by
>> all the various people who might want to look at the poster. The poster
>> itself is also advertised in the top right-hand corner of the
>> Eurominority site.
>>
>> Damien
>>
>> --
>> Damien Hall
>> @hall_damien
>>
>> University of York
>> Department of Language and Linguistic Science
>> Heslington
>> YORK
>> YO10 5DD
>> UK