[lg policy] Na'vi Research Study

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 3 15:10:59 UTC 2011

All,

I have been asked by Prof. Christine Schreyer (see below) who
is doing a survey on people learning the constructed Na'vi language
(featured in the movie "Avatar") if I would permit her to submit a survey to
the members of our list.  If you agree, the survey would go out to all, but
nobody would be required to respond.  You can see what the survey looks like
by clicking on the link in her message to me, attached below.

Please let *me* know whether you agree to be surveyed.

Thanks,

HS

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Schreyer, Christine <Christine.Schreyer at ubc.ca>
Date: Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 6:30 PM
Subject: Na'vi Research Study
To: lgpolicy-list-owner at groups.sas.upenn.edu

Hello, my name is Christine Schreyer and I am an assistant professor of
Anthropology at UBC (Okanagan campus).  Recently, I have become intrigued by
the large numbers of people who are learning the Na’vi language around the
world and I would like to learn more about who these learners are, why they
are interested in learning Na’vi, how they are learning it, and how they
think the Na’vi language will develop over the next few years.

I have compiled an on-line survey at:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NAVIand would like to use your listserv
to advertise the survey so that anyone
who is interested can participate in the research.  Do you have any
objection to this?

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Christine Schreyer

Dr. Christine Schreyer
Assistant Professor - Anthropology Programme
Community, Culture and Global Studies
Irving K. Barber School of Arts and Sciences
University of British Columbia Okanagan
Arts 249 - 3333 University Way
Kelowna BC, V1V 1V7
Phone #: (250) 807-9314